- No word in the English language rhymes with month.
- Dreamt is the only English word that ends in the letters ‘mt’.
- The word set has more definitions than any other word in the English language.
- Underground is the only word in the English language that begins and ends with the letters ‘und’.
- The longest one-syllable word in the English language is screeched.
- There are only four words in the English language which end in ‘-dous': tremendous, horrendous, stupendous, and hazardous.
- The longest word in the English language, according to the Oxford English Dictionary, is pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis.
- The only other word with the same amount of letters is pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconioses, its plural
- There is a seven letter word in the English language that contains ten words without rearranging any of its letters, ‘therein': the, there, he, in, rein, her, here, here, ere, therein, herein.
- No words in the English language rhyme with orange, silver or purple.
- Stewardesses is the longest word that is typed with only the left hand.
- The combination ‘ough’ can be pronounced in nine different ways. The following sentence contains them all: “A rough-coated, dough-faced, thoughtful ploughman strode through the streets of Scarborough; after falling into a slough, he coughed and hiccoughed.”
- The only 15 letter word that can be spelled without repeating a letter is uncopyrightable.
Now you know!